How To Determine If You Require Emerald Ash Borer Treatment
Determining if you require emerald ash borer treatment for your infected tree or whether it needs to be removed is not simple. Chances are that by the time you detect signs of this dreaded tree disease, the infection is already severe. It is best to consult a professional arborist immediately.
Ash is a commonly planted street and landscape tree. The emerald ash borer is a shiny, emerald green beetle approximately ½ inch long and 1/16 inch wide. It has a flat back and rounded abdomen and is known to kill ash trees.
Look for some telltale signs of the Emerald Ash Borer such as:
- Jagged holes produced by woodpeckers working to extract larvae from the tree
- D-shaped exit holes (approximately 1/8 inch in diameter) on the branches and trunk
- Vertically split or cracked bark above the larval feeding galleries
- Wilting and yellowing foliage throughout the tree or limited to certain branches
- Canopy thinning and branch dieback occurring initially in the upper third of the tree
- A large number of shoots that arise below the dead portions of the tree, particularly at the tree base
- Distinct serpentine shaped galleries packed with excrement under the bark
Ontree offers proven emerald ash borer treatment for infected trees in Toronto and the GTA. Our ISA-certified arborists will use their expertise to try and save your ash trees. For trees that cannot be saved you can take advantage of our professional tree removal services to minimize the spread of infection and damage to your property.
Emerald Ash Borer Treatment And Removal By ISA-Certified Arborists
Toronto is currently faced with a huge emerald ash borer crisis. It is estimated that over the next 10-15 years we will lose almost all of our 860,000 ash trees. The greatest risk lies in the spread of the disease to healthy trees. If you have ash trees on your property, it is important that you monitor them closely for signs of the disease.
Let our Toronto arborists determine if you need emerald ash borer treatment or removal. We have worked with several infected trees and can quickly identify what has to be done.
Why choose Ontree for your emerald ash borer treatment service?
- We have over 25 years of experience with tree disease control and removal.
- ISA-Certified arborists employ their expertise to do what’s best for your tree and property.
- We ensure responsible disposal of EAB infected trees to protect against spread of the disease.
- We implement the strictest safety procedures to keep our customers and staff safe.
- You only pay the amount quoted in your estimate and nothing more.
If EAB is detected early enough, or if the ash tree appears healthy, Ontree has effective emerald ash borer treatments to control the disease and help preserve your trees.
Call 416-412-2100 or fill out Ontree’s FREE estimate form for effective emerald ash borer treatment or safe removal by ISA-Certified arborists in Toronto and the GTA.